Wednesday, November 14, 2007

one of Those days

So needless to say, yesterday was an exhausted, groggy affair. Our neighbors have been pleasingly quiet for a couple months now and I'd forgotten just how loud they could get. I didn't miss it. Neighbors can be stupid, inconsiderate things. Rawr!

But the day was great in spite of being half-asleep through most of it: GooberBear and Munchkin had come to play. This was because their mom thought Munchkin had a doctor appointment at 11 a.m. She didn't. It was scheduled for Friday at 9 a.m., so on Tuesday we had the kiddos to play with - oh happy surprise!

They found out about the mix up like this: Munchkin and her mom went to the doctor's while J, GooberBear, Mom2 and I played. Shortly after leaving Munchkin's mom calls and tells us she mixed up the appointment dates. She mixed up the appointment dates and decided that instead she and Munch would head to the Christmas Tree Shoppe for fun. Where one of her contacts popped out onto the floor and she couldn't find it anywhere. Being blind without her contacts or glasses, J drove Mom2 over to pick them up and GooberBear and I had some time alone (it was officially one of Those days).

We talked about fishing, and why the berries on the bushes were gross to eat, and he told me how oatmeal is his favorite food (oatmeal with honey), and we sat and ate an apple together.

By the time J and I got home I was delirious with lack of sleep and tried to take a nap...and sadly I failed. You know when you are so tired that you can't sleep? It's pretty darn annoying. So we watched a Marx brothers film and chilled on the couch and in general had a happy and relaxed evening.

2 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

I like bush berries...

I also like your character list in your sidebar. Nice idea!

funsocksgirl said...

thank you...i felt that adding the list was fairly brilliant. i'm getting tired of explaining who people are in every post.