Sunday, November 4, 2007

ho ho ho!

Lip update: Itchyness continues with little abatement. I think I may have to physically remove them from my face. I feel I ought to note that I have tried scratching my lips with my fingers and it is a very uncomfortable and awkward feeling. If you ask me probably you shouldn't try. Probably you should just stick to Chapstick.

While still itching abominably, they've entered a new phase of grossness: peely little pieces of dead skin detaching and staying stuck to my lips from the excess of Chapstick goo. J frequently looks and at me and says, "Gross...go fix your lips again." Okay...to give him credit, he's very nice about it. He just has a hard time looking at me ;-)

- - - - -

Christmas is coming. We put up our window clings today while giggling like little children. J adores Christmas and the feeling is contagious. He went out shopping for presents for me while I took my nap today (the suspense is already killing me) and came home with not only whatever it ended up being, but also these adorable little Pillsbury dough boy ornaments for me. He's so cute! Also we now have our first box of candy canes of the season. Ho ho ho!

1 comment:

groovyoldlady said...

I've been reading about itchy lips online.

It may be excema, or an allergic reaction to a new food (mangoes?), or a sign of poor nutrition or dehydration.

Try looking here:
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=376002

or here:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/242247

or here, though I'd rank this one as the least trustworthy...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061020155850AAfgOCC

Get those lips cared for, my lovely!

"If my lips ever left my mouth,
Packed a bag and headed south
it'd be so sad,
I might get mad..."

(Then again, maybe not!)