Monday, November 5, 2007

election day is coming

If I was unaware that local election day, November 6, was coming, the 497 messages on my answering machine would have left me in no doubt. Every manner of pre-recorded messages have made their way to us and they all say the same thing: our governor is crazy, vote Republican on election day!

Now I wouldn't say he's crazy, but certainly some of his plans (like giving driver's licenses to the illegal immigrants in our state) have me wondering. I mean, c'mon...what's the point of being an American citizen if you can get free health care (insurance which J and I, as citizens can't afford) and driver's licenses from the state as an illegal immigrant? I feel the plight of these people, but a little realism, please. The fact that 'illegal' precedes 'immigrant' should be a clue as to their status.

So aside from being annoying, these automated calls are pointless since they obviously know I'm a registered Republican and have every intention of making it to the polls on election day. That being said the phone is ringing again and I have a nagging suspicion that I know who it is...

1 comment:

groovyoldlady said...

Yeah, ole Newt and I are BFF. He calls me frequently.