Tuesday, January 8, 2008

an apology

One of my least endearing qualities is my habit of saying whatever I'm thinking exactly at the moment I think it, and there have been many times I've had to apologize for hurting someone. Far worse, perhaps, than the spoken word, is the word typed and posted without thought of who might read and be hurt by it. I want my blog to be a place of laughs and ironies, but someone brought it to my attention tonight that a few of my posts could do very much the opposite and I was brokenhearted to see that they were right.

I have deleted all of those posts, but if you have read them and I have hurt you please know that I am so, so sorry. I did not write them to hurt you, I wrote them because I was saying what was in my head at the moment and I didn't stop to think. I was needlessly insensitive, sarcastic, and cruel, and there's no excuse for it. I hope you will forgive me; at the very least please speak with me about it and allow me to apologize more personally. Each of you are dear to me, and (ask J) I spent the past 45 minutes in tears thinking that I could have hurt you.

If you don't know what I'm talking about then this was not written to you, but seriously...if I write anything that personally hurts any of my few readers tell me about it so that I can make amends!

I remain,

(your humbled) Funsocksgirl

1 comment:

groovyoldlady said...

Hey, well, you called me a humbug!
Oh wait, I AM a humbug.
Never mind.

You are a peach for being so humble and sweet. I'm sure those who were offended will be gracious and forgiving.