Monday, October 29, 2007

it's check-up time

It annoys me, I admit, to have to make an appointment just to get a standard refill on my medication. Though I'm not nearly the RX junky I've been in the past, I still have 2 (sometimes 3) standard drugs to help me get through my Fibromyalgic days. While I've been meaning to talk to my doc anyway about some possible changes to my meds (including getting an opinion about Lyrica) I cringe at the thought of walking into the doc's office tomorrow.

Cringe factors:

* Not having medical insurance - those office visits are not cheap.
* My doc left (got married and wants to have kids - how dare she get her own life!) and this appointment is with a new face. It's hard to find a good doctor when you have FMS and I liked my old doc so much, she was open and easy to get along with. The new face is at the same office, but still...I liked the old face!
* My doc office is in the dreaded City...the 'bad' part of town. The part of town your husband doesn't let you travel to alone, and while he agrees that it's alright to have his mom along with you, everybody still worries until you are safely home.

Nonetheless...off Mom and I go tomorrow for the exciting appointment.

*cringe*

2 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

IT'S YOU!!!!!!!!

You are BLOGGING!


I am so HAPPY that I am SPEAKING IN ALL CAPS!!!


I will pray aboutyour doc visit. New doc...ugh. We have the same prospect because Dr. Pierce has deserted us for a more lucrative position.

Give me the low down after your visit. K?

Anne said...

I hope you are thrilled with your new doctor.

Found you through GroovyOldLady. Love the beautiful photo.

Anne at www.lifepundit.net