Tuesday, October 30, 2007

checked-up

Mom picked me up this morning (for the car of delight is still dead, never to run again) and drove me through narrow, harrowing streets of City doom to my little doctor's office.

Success! I am pleased to report that my new doctor did not scare, hurt, or yell at me. She was so great and easy to talk to. She put my cringes immediately at ease :)

After much talking and catching up (I'd gone MIA from the doc's for about a year and apparently they frown on this) I got my two RXs renewed and have a new muscle-relaxer to try...I'd tell you what it is but I sort of already dropped it off at Sam's Club (this just in: you don't have to have a Sam's membership to fill your prescriptions there and, even though under the same corporation, they are actually cheaper than Wal*Mart!) and have forgotten the long, hard-to-pronounce name.

So I'm happy and at ease. Except that I'm due for my next pap smear at the end of January. Gross.

After this jubilantly easy to get through appointment we ate dollar-menu Wendy's and hit up the grocery stores:

Aldi's...is the stupidest store I've been to, but I keep going back because of great prices on spinach, mac and cheese, juice, and bread. First of all, making people pay a quarter to get a cart - even if you get the quarter back in the end - will keep people from leaving the carts everywhere, but it's darned inconvenient for people who never have quarters in their pockets. I also must say that narrow, crowded aisles, along with a guaranteed long, slow moving line is (to put it mildly) annoying.

Wal*Mart...is the best store I've been to, and I've started getting my groceries there almost exclusively (no offense, Wegman's) because of the low cost, ease of finding things, and quick check out lines. I love Wal*Mart, it is my friend.

We came home and I collapsed upon the floor (after thanking Mom profusely for all the rides she keeps giving me) for about 30 seconds. It would have been longer, but let's face it - yogurt, milk, and cheese don't do too well sitting on the counter for long periods of time.

I then cheerfully sat myself down at the computer to hammer out this faithful account, and in the middle of doing so I remembered that oh yah...the worker's comp auditor guy is coming today at 4:30 p.m. Maybe I should stop spilling my tired brain into my keyboard and get things ready for him.

2 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

Glad you liked the new doc!

You just have a chip on your shoulder about Aldi's because that's where you were when you rolled the comb up in your hair and had to face the haircut of geekiness.

Ooo. I just had to wash my shoes. So I got BRAND NEW NB sneaks to replace adefective pair that started falling apart after one month. Anyhoo, I got a call from Carla to "Hurry and come help". She was late getting home and had to chore 47 animals before she could shower, eat, and go to her small group. So the girls and I dropped everything - everything except my new shoes - and headed down the road to play farmer.

The girlies walked and played with the dogs.

I helped muck stalls and feed horses. I was VERY CAREFUL where I steppe and I'm happy to say that I didn't get one speck of mud or manure on my bright and shiny white shoes with blue trim.

However, there was this smell...

It took me a while before I figured out that the smell was coming from my shoes. It was horse urine. Eeeeeew!

Now the rubber soles are soaking. I'm hoping to get them decontaminated before Dad gets home and realizes that I wore NEW SHOES for farm work.

Shhhhh. It's our secret, K?

Anne said...

Where on earth have you found a Wal-Mart with a fast moving line?

You can camp out in ours for hours.

As for you, groovyoldlady, while horse manure (except very fresh) doesn't offend, urine is something else. I'm so very sorry about your shoes. Please go ahead and burn them.
Anne @ www.lifepundit.net